The four British Values are:
- Democracy – A system of government by the whole population or eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
- The Rule Of Law – Restriction of the arbitrary exercise of power by subordinating it to well-defined and established laws.
- Individual Liberty – The liberty of those persons who are free from external restraint in the exercise of those rights which are considered to be outside the province of a government to control
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
- Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
In 2010 35% of 18-25 year old’s did not vote in the election
In 2015 34% of 18-25 year old did not vote out of 64% of people who did vote.
The next general election is happening on the 8th of June 2017. Before I had this talk about the general election and the manifesto’s they are offering, I feel like 18-25 year olds should vote more as soon enough we will be the adults who have to deal with the changed polices, whilst the people who are voting now it wouldn’t really affect them in the long run.